Saturday, August 14, 2010

Taking a Back Seat

Friday must've been Bumday on the hunts.  There I am, minding my own bidness and ... there they are.
Hanging out of their pants and sticking out of their prim skirts.  Our default view of ourselves is from behind - how can they (a) like that view and (b) not notice?
You can put together a lovely (?) outfit, but how can you tell if your bum's too big?  Check out your AO.  Do your hands embed themselves in your cheeks?  I know there are animations for avs with "larger features" - I've seen them.  Invest in some realism.
OMG, it just didn't stop!  And what's the point of teensy hands hanging next to that huge caboose?  "Ladies,"* please get a sense of proportion.

*I always suspect a guy behind the big behinds, but I could be wrong.

3 comments:

  1. You must live somewhere in RL where no one has big butts. Come over to the US and you'll see women with out of proportion asses everywhere you go! Women come in all shapes and sizes in RL, so why can't they in SL?

    I don't personally have a big butt in SL, but I don't in RL either. Maybe they have huge butts in RL and like that about themselves so make their av have a huge butt, too? or maybe they are flat assed, like myself, and wish they had a Beyonce booty, so they give themselves one in SL.

    If RL huge asses didn't exist, neither would the pant style "curvy." That's the jeans made for women who have huge butts, but small waists. It prevents them from having to buy pants 3 sizes to big and having that big gap between their back and the pants waist!

    So, you don't seem to have an issue with realism(aside from the hands going into the body and the prim skirts not fitted right. That bugs me, too. The skirt could be fixed with some prim adjusting.) You have an issue with a body type. It's not uncommon for people to be afraid of things they aren't use to, but it doesn't make the thing you're afraid of wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see now you are in the US... then wtf is your problem with big butts? Don't you see them all the time? At Walmart? At Target? At the mall? At the grocery store? That are EVERYWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to see nice bottoms ... when they're in proportion and not sticking out of prims (or just plain sticking out) or have hands embedded. In fact, my own av has some buns on her (except on that one outfit where it doesn't look right because of the hang of the prims in the skirt and I can't mod the skirt). [And I've got a RL set for a model as well.] What's more, I live in the South - where fried food is King. But the majority of large RL "nethers" are usually accompanied by a nice, rounded tum. Oh, look! I just saw a RL pair walk by! But they were IN PROPORTION (Sir Mix-A-Lot notwithstanding) and covered. And while pixelated posteriors are comparatively unblemished and prettier than RL ones, if you're showing them off through gaping holes and skirts that don't do their job, it looks slutty - not sexy. And "Unslutty" is the name of the blog.
    Thanks for commenting, by the way! You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete