Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Decomposition Notebook -

I feel like a real fashion blogger now! A real content creator/artist has asked me to vet a new skin for zombies. The skin Lludmila wears all the time and that has made me so happy for the past two years came from Absentia. Recently, Jupiter Vale asked her subbers for ideas and feedback and so I thought I'd put in my notecard with its two lindens' of considered opinion ("OMG like I TOTES [heart] UR stuff!!!!!") and, of all things, she replied! And sent me a new skin! And asked for my feedback!
I had logged on early in the morning because I'd missed the cut-off for the Midnight Mania board that was giving out the free pole dance (I know, I know, pole dances are slutty - I didn't say I'd deploy it anywhere!) and there was a gift skin from Jupiter at Absentia for me to evaluate! I only had time to rush to [insert name of store that's actually having a stupendous sale right now where everything, even the 1200L mini-cave, is going for 100-199L] to slap the MM board, still wearing the 18th century gown and powdered wig from the night before at Grizzy's (have I mentioned Grizzy's Cafe before?) before heading off to work, but -
I threw on the skin and, in the relative privacy of my skybox, removed all my clothes to drink it all in. Awww, shhhhhhugar! My clothes wouldn't come completely off and I had to get to work, delaying my leisurely but expert critique until afternoon. See photo below. For some reason, Blogger now gives me crummy photos, but if you click on them, they sharpen up something wonderful. No, really. Try it.
Lludmila in the new skin looks more like she's intentionally green. If I had a dollar for everyone who thought I was just melanin free ... I mean, get a decent graphics card, people! The darker green with the pink tinge looks like a zombie version of a tan.

Lludmila tests the new skin ... and, umm, gravity.

Jupiter did some tidying as well as enhancing the skin color. Note below how much smoother the shadow on the jaw is. This was something that always bothered me a little ... but only when I was looking up at Lludmila, which was not very often, being 4'8" tall. But I recall thinking, if only that shading on the jaw could be smoothed out. It looks like she tried to hide her jowls with make-up. She also made the eye sockets a bit less dark, which gave the opportunity to make nicer eyebrows - which don't signify in this photo because the hair is in the way. You'll just have to trust me on this. I thought the lips were just a little too light - making Lludmila's rather large Sally Kellerman-ish mouth almost disappear. We can't have that. I've asked for a little more color there. [Gosh! It's like being a Real Person, or somfin', ordering an artist around - "You there - more lip color!"]

The Jawline - before and aftah.

Alas, we can't give Lludmila cleavage - but, stickler for decorum that she is (note the modest application of pasties), would she even want to show cleavage? I mean that cleavage that's all the rage now, where it looks like a successful application of eyeshadow to suggest that the mammaries are siamese twin cantaloupes.

Torso comparison - breasts are slightly more defined. Ahem.

And is this really all about Lludmila, anyway? I'm sure Jupiter (or, "Jup" as I call her now - "Hey, Jup! More lip color, babe! Get on the stick!") plans to market the final product to all SL residents with undead leanings, not just me. In fact, her intent is to portray some real decomposition. [/me shudders with delight.] To this end, I have tried the skin on some of my other avatars to see how it translates.

Clockwise from upper left: Lludmila, Kathy, Plushmilla/Tammy, and Jane Doe. Not shown: pubic hair - 'cause there ain't none. Great, now Lludmila can "safely" wear those plunging pubeline gowns.

I think it's brilliant. Well, it will be with a little more lip color.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you with the blogging and the semi-nakedness! heee!

    Alas, I cannot take full credit for the zombie-tastic skinnage. None of it would be remotely possible without the ever amazing and generous Eloh Eliot. =o)

    I do have that lip color. Remind me to toss it atcha.

    Next? DECAY! Muhahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eloh's freebie skins were my first "real" skins. No wonder this one fits so well! Generosity has been paid forward. <3 both of y'all.

    ReplyDelete