Saturday, March 5, 2011

Unslutty and Inconstant

I'm always promising myself to not get involved in another [insert humorous expletive here] hunt - and then I see some pictures on the freebie blogs [list at right] and it's "Goggles on, chocks away, last one back with the goodies is a Euro-Federalist!" - again.  The men's prizes at Rag Dollz has already been touted by Carson, but nowhere did I see the women's prize!

You can tell it's Steampunk by all the spinning gears.
The dress is a gleaming gown with beautiful details and has the handheld mask as well as a tattoo mask.  I had sent Cal to get the men's prize and he peeked at the women's prize box before tossing it away (Cal wouldn't be caught dead in this outfit) and tipped me the wink.  He also told me where it was hidden - sweet of him, as if the avs standing around the area weren't a good enough clue.  You, however, are on your own.  It's not that hard.  They at least give hints for the Steampunk Hunt.  Now, that Twisted Hunt is a horse of a different chinashop.

Peep-Bo!  It's just Lludmila!
While I was pawing through the pile of bargains in the 60L Weekend notecards, I came across a photo of some glasses that looked so nicely detailed that I visited the shop.  It's called Hatpins and has, as should be expected, the loveliest collection of vintage hats and other accessories for the meticulously unslutty.

Lludmila tries a demo cloche hat (just love those!) at Hatpins.
 Coincidentally, Hatpins also has a Steampunk hunt prize comprising a hat (of course) and goggles - well, a goggle.

The goggle hunt prize - OMG, Lludmila needs to start eating cookies!

Hat - without steam
What paroxysms of delight one could experience changing the color of the hatband and tinkering with the colors of steam.  The little needles on the dials on the hat move, too!  This really "pegs the needle" on my happiness meter!  Their blog.

Hmm, I forgot to get those 60L glasses!  Will have to go back.  [Makes note to self: "Re-read this blogpost."]

No comments:

Post a Comment