Sunday, May 1, 2011

This Weekend's Haul

Cocktail Dress from The White Armory
 It's true, I've been lax about posting lately, but that has as much to do with my health issues as my general disappointment in the land of cheap couture.  Things have improved greatly in the latter, because I'm still suffering in Real Life (tm) but I have lots to share.  Above is an unusual offering to the White Armory group: a short cocktail dress.  Sure, their gowns are gorgeous, but after a while you run out of places to wear them.  This black and pink confection, however, you can wear almost any time.  It comes with the black stockings and the pearl parure.  Kathy dug out some Baby Monkey slingbacks to wear with it, but she might go bare-legged next time and wear some pink heels.  Her hair is a brilliant freebie called Sophia from Vignette and the skin is Pure Morning from Heartsick.

Artilleri Sale
 It's an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good.  We have a Blue Screen of Death to thank for the 50% off sale at Artilleri.  I can't express how happy Lludmila and Kathy were to see this, although we deeply sympathize with the need to buy a new machine.  Artilleri is a haven of high-waisted trousers.  Those Nina black jeans will go with anything and the retro shirt fits great right out of the box.  Lludmila couldn't resist the Buddy glasses with the tape.   Just add the pocket protector (got one from Croire) and she's all set for one of those Science Circle classes!  Hair is from Clawtooth, darling.

Artilleri Sale
Both my avs and I love capris.  If only I could find some in Real Life (tm) that fit this well!  Ruby Capris, Paula glasses, and the Othelia blouse from Artilleri.  The kitten flats were from Ztique ages ago.  The skin, of course, is Lludmila (light lips) from Absentia.

Fire Good Supernatural Hunt Gift
Cal got the notice on this hunt gift from Fire Good.  For some reason he wasn't interested.  Not sure why Lludmila isn't subscribed to them, but as long as Cal is willing to pass on the information it isn't necessary.  The Supernatural Hunt starts May 1, which, according to my calendar, was today.  There seems to be a discrepancy in dates in the virtual world, but the last time I checked, we in this hemisphere were the last to rip the sheet off the calendar.  Doesn't really matter - we have all month to hound these shops for hunt gifts.  Fire Good, however, has theirs out.  And isn't it cute?

I don't know how other people's avatars have morphed over time, but Lludmila always had elf ears, even though they rarely showed.  I had some odd idea in my head that she had a secret elf half.  Then at some point I fell in love with the green zombie skin from Absentia.  Now I guess she's part elf, part human, part fairy, and undead to boot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment