Monday, March 15, 2010

And Cheap


In vain I have looked for free or cheap clothing for the unslutty avatar in Second Life. Okay, not totally in vain. Freebies from the designers are better than ever and I follow those other freebie blogs slavishly, but a great deal of what I see appears to appeal to actual, as opposed to virtual, young people. I want my avatar to look elegant, but not ... well, slutty. I'm not interested in faddish fashions, like those clunky shoes (that I wore in the 70s). I recoil from stilettos that look painful and ... well, prostitute-y. I don't have anything against prostitutes, I just don't want to be mistaken for one [which causes awkward moments and I have enough awkward moments in Real Life (tm)].

This blog is intended to highlight what I consider to be unslutty and inexpensive clothing that appeals to me, one of the over 50-ish undead. It's not meant as a daily resource of what's hot and free, because I just don't have the time for that. Much of the artwork (even system clothes can be art) created and appearing in SL is breathtaking in its beauty, delightful in its playfulness, or just plain looks good on someone whose skin has gone green. Sometimes it even works on my other avs and they will appear also.

No comments:

Post a Comment