Sunday, March 28, 2010

So, What Do I Consider Slutty? Part I: Casual Slutty


There is nothing at all wrong with dressing slutty, I'd like to point out to begin with. It's just something that I don't want my avs doing on a regular basis. Yes, yes, I have been known to appear with the black tape pasties, but because I think they're funny and just briefly, and not because I plan on walking around SL that way.
I am in no way an expert on fashion, but I know what I like and what I think looks good on various avs. Above is an example of what I consider slutty: the jeans so ripped that they would only hang together in a pixelated state(a good use of the virtual world - I mean, why wear what can only logically be worn in RL?) and the tank so torn as to be almost useless as coverage. Adding the pastie is a nicety unparalleled. I have nothing against big hair and make-up so heavy I almost didn't need to put the black tape over her eyes. But, it's slutty, too. And don't get me started on avatar's lips. They are all enormous. Some of them are so large that they look like certain parts at a different location.


Aren't the heart-shaped pasties sweet? Not sure what the open-zip craze is about, but if I did that in RL, I'd have a lot more pants I could still wear. Don't those breasts look like they're about to burst? That can't be comfortable. No one's natural breasts look like that. Why would you wear virtual breasts that look like fake RL breasts? It's okay for the tummy and legs to look stretched and taut - you can get that with exercize, but breasts are just fat and glands and subject to something called Gravity. Heard of it? Oh, sorry! I totally missed the support bra in that outfit! So, it's not done with mirrors! Ah, I see.

There's a time and place for these outfits: stripper bars and Crack Town, for example, but I ran into these while shopping. Avs will wear anything while shopping (ballgowns come to mind -
and we all know how few chances there are to dress up in the virtual world [coff coff]) and I have no quarrel with that. Attempts to shock, like the above examples, just inure the public to the nakedness.

So, what do I think looks casual but not slutty?


Hmm, maybe it's all in the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment