Tuesday, March 30, 2010

If I Have A Choice, Why Do I Look Like This?



First of all, I don't always look like this. And it's the system skirts that make bottoms look so large, but (hee, I said "but") I gave her some extra for realism.

Let us begin by describing little Lludmila: she's short (4'8" without shoes), she's (OMG!) green with bright red lipstick, her hair is white or grey, and her eyes are black that is surrounded by more black. And she has a rather large fanny and smallish breasts. She wears "contacts" with crescent moon reflections in them. Occasionally, she sports a doting circle of flies. The nose is rather large, the grin is almost like The Joker's. It's forced and ironic, now that I look at it. And don't ask to see inside the mouth. This is a zombie skin I got for free two Hallowe'ens ago and decided I loved. Let's just say this little figure is eminently unkissable.

I was reading Gwynneth Llewellyn's blogpost, Being In Shape, and came across some interesting observations that made me think (ouch!). "There is some irony," she says, "about a virtual shape that looks somehow "more real" than others... because it has flaws." There you go - that's what I was aiming for, something that looked "more real" because the bottom was too big and the breasts too small and the height too short for poseballs. Throw in the green skin and you have a realistic shape with a totally unrealistic skin - which should make little Lludmila stand out.

At the same time, the shape makes it difficult to find clothing that fits properly or even looks good (not to mention how the colors might clash with the green). To fix that, I made other avatars, some of them male. Gwynneth Llewellyn more usually connects this with people with strong personalities, high degrees of of self-esteem, lots of confidence, and strong wills. Either that or it's pure self expression. I'll have to go with the self-expression. I think I'm pretty low on the self-esteem and confidence index. Wha-at? You don't think you can have a strong personality and low self-esteem? I do think that my personality is strong and that it overrides any shape I put it in.

So why do I look like this? I wish to stand out, but not be Mrs. Nafkewitz, ya know? I want to chat with you, not hop on a poseball with you. Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment