Monday, March 15, 2010

Dream of the Red Ballgown

Red is not really my color. I'm not sure who can wear red, but I think it's someone with darker (and perhaps less green) skin and hair. Nevertheless, I really liked this gown from Dana at the Clothing Fair, although the skirt is crazy. The panels of the skirt have a brocade pattern reminescent of the pattern on the bodice. [Oh dear, I hadn't meant to sound like I was pretending to know anything.] It gave me something to wear with that awesome jewelry from GaNKed!

I really dread accessorizing. It takes long enough to get dressed in SL without having to match up your clothes with more than shoes and appropriate hairstyles. That huge exposed display area between the chin and the nipples is crying out for something, though.

While I dread accessorizing, I adore clunky jewelry. One of my real life friends scoffed that the earrings I made in RL (tm) would stretch out the holes in one's ears. GaNKeD style makes my little head swim, no twiddly bangles or fiddly necklaces you have to zoom in on to appreciate here! Not only are the parures in-your-face gorgeous, but I've come away from that place with armloads of freebies. Bless their creator for such generosity! Here also is an example of something you can do in SL that you can't in RL. Those enormous cuffs and the necklace are just gems embedded in the arms and chest. They maintain their shape through the magic of the building scripts, locking them in place.
Umm, the black things are my flies. Black goes with everything, right?

Before going out to dance in this dress with its crazy panels, I tested it out with Cal, forcing him to put on the burgundy suit in hopes of blending in. It passed the Viennese Waltz test, but when we hopped on some dance balls later, we both got lost in the chrysanthemum effect.

I thought the rezzing of the parure was amusing. It looked like a scene out of "The Incredibles."
Flies by fuschia (Gift from a Friend who Knows Me Too Well)
Shoes ... who cares, you can't see them in this thing.
Hair by ETD
Zombie Skin by Absentia - a Halloween gift from 2 years ago.
Luna Eyes by [OMFG]
Shape - I make my own shapes, thankyewverymuch
Cal - available on request for parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment