Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Discreet Charm of the Undead



Purple is my favorite color. I was fortunate to find this waltz-length dress in the Champagne hunt at Bliss Couture. On top of that, it also went with some of that great GaNKed clunky jewelry and the shoes I can barely see now. Those darn little bottles were the dickens to find! I was aiming for this dress, though, so all is well in My Little Virtual World (tm).



This outfit was put together from several sources. I love vintage stuff! I was still wearing a bathing suit from the 1950s during the 70s - but that's because I come from a long line of tightwads and in Real Life I have absolutely no fashion sense. Well, let's just say that I never found a "look" and stuck with it.

The wonderful houndstooth dress is from Chantkare. It's called Baskerville. Ha ha. Get it? Houndstooth. The hat and the hair are Timeless Glamour by Clawtooth. Hey, I've got a theme going here! I think it was on sale. I love the Clawtooth hairs ... but can't afford them.* Someone at the Info International Reference desk was wearing these Oxfords and I loved them! She very kindly told me that they came from Bettie's Vintage Clothing and Footwear and I went straight over and, after fretting there for minutes, paid full price for them. [Faints.] Umm, the black pearls are from somewhere.


*i.e. I'm too cheap to pay full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment