Sunday, April 25, 2010

Slutty Or Trashy?

While waiting for a shop to rez, I came across this outfit (see below and Warning Warning, Will Robinson!), a style which is seemingly popular on the grid, but which I have yet to see in Real Life (tm). It could be that I'm just not looking. We don't have television where we live (we have a television, but no reception) and I don't get out much. This is yet another outfit I will not put on my avatar. It's fine if others want to do it. They can even cross it over to RL (so long as they don't wait on tables near me - I'm perfectly happy to see the tame midriffs just about anywhere except waiting on me at table) if they so choose. I support their right to do so. Just bring a towel if you plan on sitting anywhere public.
Is this some echo of the masculine fad of jail-style pants where the pants hang down below the butt, exposing (hopefully clean) underwear? Or is it a question of having paid 2,000 Linden dollars for glistening and beautiful skin and wanting to show it off? To me it goes beyond slutty and on to trashy.


Danger! Danger!


Danger! Danger!



Danger! Danger!





I did warn you, you know.

What makes outfits like this worse is the AO, the animation override. I've commented before on how unpleasant I find the twitching and presenting of the body. Here's an egregious example:

Ummm, warning again.

Not quite as bad this time, but ... (heh! I said "but")





I know that cropping it like that removes the context. For all you know, she could be about to jump off of a divingboard. Just take my word for it that this was in a shop. This was no quick bend from the hips - it was a long stretch that came up repeatedly. I can hardly get any shopping done, my mind becomes totally wrapped up in the social anthropology of it all. No doubt this is why I never became an alpha-female in my tribe. I forgot to "present my credentials" to the alpha-males and didn't send my minions out to fetch mandrakes (Genesis 30:13-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment